Thursday, September 17, 2009

BBAW/BTT Combo

BBAW: The task today is to highlight the book discovered only because you read about it on a book blog and then you realized you couldn’t live without it!

As it turns out, the book I was going to feature also answers today's Booking Through Thursday question!




Today's question:
What’s the most enjoyable, most fun, most just-darn-entertaining book you’ve read recently?
(Mind you, this doesn’t necessarily mean funny, since we covered that already. Just … GOOD.)


My answer:

I didn't have to think long for this one! French Milk by Lucy Knisley is an incredibly creative graphic travel journal/memoir. Even the cover is fun!

Karen from Bookbath brought this gem to my attention. She read it in preparation for her own trip to Paris (she checked in from Ireland yesterday). Although I won't be traveling there any time soon, I enjoyed visiting vicariously through Knisley's book.

My review was posted on Tuesday and you can find it here.

Click over to today's BTT to see more answers.

15 comments:

  1. Hooray for bloggers and the grat books we discover thanks to them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply MUST add this book to my TBR pile - every time I see the cover I just melt.

    Great idea to combine the two memes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice!!! I felt the exact same way about French Milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    I am glad you did so because I was able to find your review of French Milk. I am putting this on my must to-read list.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard some great things about French Milk! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I haven't already, I'm going to add this to my TBR list.

    Your BTT (sorry that reminds me of Butt :) -- I just read a new favorite book, These is my Words by Nancy Turner. Adventure, true grit and great clean romance -- Rhett and Scarlet style.

    http://zqueenbees.blogspot.com/2009/09/these-is-my-words.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen a few reviews of this book lately. I starred them to read later, but it does look interesting. New discovery for me :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover and the title. Cool book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nymeth - You said it. And congratulations on your well-deserved award!!

    Molly - It's been a crazy week..combining the two was just easier!

    Beth F - I can't think of anything lately that's been more fun.

    Gautami - Sorry ;-)

    ibeeeg - If you're at all interested in travel journals, food, or graphic novels, then you can't go wrong with this one. Thanks for stopping by!

    Lisa - Thanks...this was an easy choice!

    Kim - That sounds wonderful! I'm going to check your review...thanks!

    Jules - Thanks for visiting! I've found several new books in today's BTT posts, too.

    reviewsbylola - ...and inside is just as great as the cover and title!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it nice when a regular feature and the BBAW prompt match? Less work for you. ANd the cover is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your review on this one. And I left you an award at my place, please pick it up!
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen this book around--just LOVE that cover. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone is raving about this! I must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenners - Yup, having the same book work for both really made my day easier!

    Ivy - Thank you so much...I'm on my way over!

    Trish - I think this is the greatest cover, too.

    Rachel - Be sure to let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails